About the Honorary Consulate
Dnipro has recently seen the opening of the Honorary Consulate of the Republic of Lithuania whose mission is to develop Ukrainian - Lithuanian cooperation, endowed by Ukrainian Union of Industrialists and Entrepreneurs and by "Ukraine–Lithuania” Business Council. The consulate is headed by Vitaliy Pivnyak, a highly reputed entrepreneur and philanthropist of the region. Dnipro Consulate is the seventh in Ukraine, and the time of its opening coincided with the beginning of Lithuania chairmanship in the European Union.
The main task of the Consulate is to protect interests of Lithuanian citizens staying in Dnepropetrovsk region, strengthen economic cooperation between the region and businesses of Lithuania, expand cultural links and further develop political dialogue between the two countries.
For about 10 years, Vitaly Pivnyak has been actively working to expand business cooperation with Lithuania. He has a successful presentation of fuel production of ORLEN Lietuva Concern on the market of Dnepropetrovsk region with " Neftek Oil ". In 2013 was signed a contract between DMK in Dzerzhinsky and Lithuania locomotive depot " DEPAS " to repair locomotives in Lithuania . With V.Pivnyak’s assistance, the student exchange program between the National Mining University and Vilnius University of Technology is actively working. Support is provided to Lithuanian Cultural - business center "Gintaras ". In the near future, there should be the conclusion of cooperation projects in the fields of medicine and transport. Dnepropetrovsk Mechnikov hospital has established cooperative relations with Lithuanian clinic "Kardiolita."
The functions of the Honorary Consulate of the Lithuaniain Republic, Dnipro
Honorary Consulate performs consular functions pursuant to paragraphs (a), (b), (c), (e), (g) (h) and (m) of Article 5 of the Vienna Convention on Consular Relations:
Consular functions are:
- a) protecting the interests of the sending State and of its nationals (individuals and entities) in the host State within the limits permitted by international law;
- b) promoting trade, economic, cultural and scientific relations between the sending State and the host State or else promoting friendly relations between them in other ways, in accordance with provisions of this Convention;
- c) ensuring by all legal means conditions and developments in commercial, economic, cultural and scientific life of the host State, reporting them to the Government of the sending State and giving information to enquring individuals;
- e) helping and assisting nationals (natural persons and legal entities) of the sending State ;
- g) safeguarding interests of citizens (individuals and entities) of the sending State in cases of "mortis causa" succession within the territory of the host State in accordance with the laws and regulations of the host State;
- h) protecting interests of minors and other not fully abled nationals of the sending state within the framework established by the laws and regulations of the host State, especially when there is any need in establishing guardianship or trusteeship;
- m) performing other functions assigned to the consular post of the sending State which are not prohibited by the laws and regulations of the host State or performance of which are not opposed by the host State or which are provided for by the international treaties binding the sending State and the host State.